Impact of Social Media Tools in the Workplace
Social media is a powerful tool that is changing the way people work and communicate. This overview course provides participants with an introduction to a variety of social media tools that are being used by telecommunications companies to connect in new, different, and interactive ways both inside and outside of the company. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Wiki, etc., are 2020 technologies that enable individuals to create, collabrate, and share communications with audiences of all sizes. Participants of this interactive course will explore working in a mouse-on environment, the possibilities and limitations of social media tools in the corporate environment, how organizations are using social media, such as AT&T tSpace, to transform their business communications, and best practices in social media communications. This overview course will also address how social media integrates with other emerging technologies such as mobile technology and cloud computing.
Participants will learn how to:
• Develop a practical understanding of social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Wiki
• Compare and contrast the purpose and features of different types of social media, including blogs, social networks, wiki, and photo and video sharing sites
• Develop skills to effectively utilize multiple forms of social media both professionally and personally
• Gain insight into how organizations are using social media internally to collaborate
• Examine how corporate America is leveraging social media to connect and engage their customers