Strategies for Coping with Difficult People
In an ideal world, difficult behaviors would not be tolerated at work, but in reality dealing with difficult people is a part of everyday work life. The stress of handling difficult people and tough situations can create a lack of productivity, poor attitude, and reluctance to come to work. Utilizing interactive exercises, participants learn to deal with tough people and situations. Participants will develop strategies that enable them to be effective and positive service providers.
Participants will learn how to:
• Separate the personalities of the people involved from the issues in question
• Develop empathic listening skills to consider each other’s position rather than declaring a winner and a loser
• Identify the points of disagreement to be resolved
• Develop creative approaches to achieve solutions
• Make adjustments as circumstances change