Diversity: Fostering Positive Team Connections
Recognizing the traditional components of diversity such as culture, gender, race, religion, age, national origin, and disability is important to understanding the role of diversity in the workplace. They are not, however, the only factors that must be considered. Every individual in your organization should understand workplace diversity through the screen of their individual personality style. This course teaches employees that all of these considerations must be addressed, and gives practical advice on how to address them. Participants will learn in an interactive, supportive environment to recognize the importance of understanding the diversity of others, and to appreciate the value of these relationships.
Participants will learn how to:
• Identify actions that help earn respect from diverse teammates
• Recognize the feelings of distress that lead to a negative work environment
• Identify different approaches to achieving team goals
• Apply guidelines for effective communication in a diverse team
• Define positive new habits at work that enable “coming together” instead of “drifting apart”