Essential Communication Skills: Verbal and Nonverbal
In a stimulating workshop environment, participants will assess their current level of apprehension in communication and identify areas of strength and areas for improved performance. They will discuss the ways in which their jobs are impacted by their communication skills, learn the basics of communication as related to their work performance, and develop an action plan for enhancing their performance. Participants of this dynamic workshop will learn how to enhance professional relationships by communicating what they mean.
Participants will learn how to:
• Use formats and content assessment strategies for e-mail, letters, and memos
• Improve their ability to recognize and correct grammar, punctuation, and capitalization errors
• Assess their spoken language and identify areas for change
• Assess their body language and identify areas for change
• Distinguish the importance of identifying, responding to, and respecting differences across cultures